Friday, May 8, 2009

Star Trek!

So, tonight I went with my Dad and Mom and saw Star Trek while Noah was at a friend's house. It was really good.
I don't really know a lot about Star Trek but, I know the basic's. Captain Kirk, Spock, "Beam me up Scotty", bad eyebrow jobs. All the important things.
It was kinda cool to see the story before the story before I saw the story. Now I kinda wanna know what happens afterwards. Don't get me wrong, I am NOT going to become a Star Trek junkie, I just want to maybe see the first episode of the real series to maybe see what happens to them.
It was cool that we saw the movie when we did because apparently everyone else on the planet thought that it opened at midnight, so we met the waiting line on our way out.
Noah would have really liked the movie. It was his kind of movie. Not only were they traveling through space so that they could blast aliens with super tricked out future laser guns, but they could appear out of thin air on alien planets. And as an added bonus, there were about a million explosions in the movie. I think there were two scenes total where the U.S.S. Enterprise team wasn't in the middle of a huge the-world-is-going-to-end explosion. There was this one scene with Cap. Kirk as a kid driving a cool old restored corvette. Noah would have loved it. Unfortunately it fell off a cliff.
Anyway, all things considered, Star Trek it was a great movie! It's got nothing on Pride and Prejudice of course, but I'm sure that my Dad would say that Pride and Prejudice has nothing on Star Trek. I guess you can't argue with opinions. =)
Seminary comes early tomorrow (or is it today?) and I have to get some sleep. So...
"Live Long and Prosper"

No comments:

Post a Comment